Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flying under the weather

Thankfully, I've been very busy with work the last couple of months which for me means going full tilt, sometimes seven days a week. By the time last Friday night came around - three days before leaving for NYC - I felt a little scratchy in the throat. I started pounding Gan Mao Ling, Vitamin C, Zicam. And still I could feel the "sick" moving into my nose, sinuses, head. I tried "mind over matter" but by Monday morning I knew I'd be flying under the weather that night and the next morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I did manage to sleep much of the way on both flights.


Flight from LAX delayed about an hour and a half, pilot made up a few minutes and my cousin David was there to get me and transport me to my favorite Auntie's (Esther) in Brooklyn. Nothing like coming back into the family fold to make one feel much better. Here's what she served me for lunch today...



No comments:

Post a Comment